The Three Nephites

I know, I know, I'm only supposed to share super secret special spiritual moments amongst close friends, or in the ensign, but I couldn't help but share this one.

The night the three Nephites saved my life.

This happened before my mission. It was a cold and stormy night, like most nights when something awful is about to happen, and something awful did happen. I got a flat tire.

You see, getting a flat tire on the side of the road is one of the most scariest things that can happen to a person, because as we all know, there's usually trickery afoot when there's a flat tire (yes, the workings of satan) because as we're all taught from our parents, satan has control of three things: the water, flat tires, and the Chinese.

So there I was, sitting outside of my driveway on the street trying to go to early morning seminary when my tire was flat. I did not know what to do. I remembered those childhood stories my mother told me about flat tires and satan, how he's always on the prowl to find the right tire to deflate, and today he found mine.

Just then, like a miracle, my car starting bumping and jostling, I didn't know what it was and I was scared!!! Could it be the prince of the dark? Someone, or something, was out there, doing something with the tires.

I started to defog my window because it was foggy, and out in the distance, I could scarcely see an image of a personage surrounded by light. But I was so sacred, I yelled at the person through the window, "get away from my car, Stan!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs (stan is my mom's name for Satan, so it doesn't give him power when we call his real name).

Just then, I slammed on the gas and my wheels started peeling out, making a sharp schreeching sound. Then, as the wheels started moving, I rolled over something. Right then, an awful sound came from one of the three Nephites, "GAARRHHH my F###ing leg!!!!" "You ran over my F###ing leg you idiot!!!""

It wasn't the three Nephites after all!! It was my Dad trying to put some fix it flat in my tire (sorry dad). I accidentally rolled over his foot when I slammed on the gas.

And that was the one of the most spiritual stories of my life (please only retell this when you feel the spirit prompts you with special feelings in your body). I just thought I should share this for some reason on the internets, hopefully it will help someone get baptized.

Pray for me,

Elder Gandy

2 comments:

  1. That is so, so true. I can feel it. It feels like marshmellows are floating in my body.

    Thank you for sharing your intimate experience with the Lord's servants. Even though they weren't the nephites, aren't all members nephites, and even though there weren't three members there, wasn't the spirit there? That's two. I guess you could count the wind, too, as an instrument of God. So, God was there, too.

    In fact Elder, there were three Nephites there. There were there. Such a spiritual experience. Feels so, so good inside.

    Let the world know!

    Amen. Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tyler, can I call you Ty?

    Yes, the wind and spirit were there. Hard. The wind was blowing very hard that night, my friend. It was probably blowing around 100 mph. So the spirit was probably really, really strong that night.

    My dad was mad at me for a bout a month after that night. But I was so full of the spirit that I never let his angry bursts of profanity bring me down.

    Pray for me,

    Elder Gandy

    ReplyDelete