MTC fireside

Favorite Daily Scripture: 2 Nephi 25:26 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ..."

FlashBack MTC experience so I won't forget:

I was so excited to be attending a fireside talk by Elder Scott of the twelve apostles of the Lord Jesus H. Christ in the MTC.

There were so many missionaries and the spirit was sooooo strong. When Elder Scott entered the room, everyone stood. Some missionaries to my left also stretched out their hands in a salute, but I thought that wasn't very quiety dignity like, so I reported them to my AP later that night.

Anyway, we were sitting there listening to him go on and on about prayer. He was so awesome!!! The spirit was so strong!!! I felt it all the way in my chest down to my special place, and I almost cried.

Half-way through his talk, Elder Scott asked a question to everyone in the audience. He asked everyone that had calluses on their knees from praying so much to stand so he could acknowledge them.

I was surprised that he would ask such a thing, but I felt my knees, and even though I had been praying hours and hours every night, I didn't have any calluses. I did not stand. I thought I should have stood because I prayed so fervently and with such sanity, but because I prayed on my mattress (I slept on the top bunk) my knees never technically touched the ground.

What really got my Moroni was that my companion, Elder Allen, stood. Why did this get my Moroni? Well, because I know my comp didn't pray more than 5 secs. each night. He was a very disobedient missionary. And he hardly ever prayed.

I decided to write about it in my journal, and then to tell my AP about my comp, because he shouldn't have really stood and gotten the credit when he didn't really deserve it.

I'll write more next time about what the AP said.

Love,

Elder Gandy


5 comments:

  1. "The spirit was so strong!!!"

    Rock on! I just love the spirit!! So strong.

    Way to bare your light!





    R.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny stuff. But bro, you may want to fix your story… there are no APs in the MTC. Just district leaders and branch presidents. Telling your DL usually won't get you anywhere, so it would be best to rat out the others to your branch president… but maybe, since you're now "in the field" you forgot about how there are no APs in the MTC, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elder Gandy you certainly are a colorful missionary! The next time something gets your moroni question whether your irony has gone a little too far. You seem to know too much about missions and missionary e-mails to be that comfortable putting that many people down. I'm sure you love being funny!!! I'm sure you love how clever you are!!! I'm sure you don't understand genuine commitment, and a true belief that you may not share but since you are so really, really cool!!! you must think live and let and let live!!!! Because you wouldn't be a very nice guy otherwise and you look so cute and innocent in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous #2,

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for your encouragement :-)

    I do love being funny!! But I love the Lord Jesus much, much more. He's the best. So tall and passionate.

    I do love being clever. One time my mom said, "be sure you wash your underpants before supper," and I said, "sure I will, Mom", but I never did.

    My mom tells me I'm cute, too. You sound a lot like my mom. She's nice. She is also old and smells like oranges, but I don't let that bother me because I have the Lord now, and he takes care of me.

    Pray for me,

    - Elder Gandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elder Gandy, you are such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work, and YES!!! I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete