Monday - Day 21

Fun things that happened this past week:

Last thursday Elder Rogers, my senior companion, and I had a meeting with the President. I couldn't really tell what was going on so I just humbly followed what my senior companion did. He moved, I moved. He talked, I talked. He sat down, I sat down.

We showed up to his house and we waited a little while, we sit down and then President hands Elder Rogers and I a piece of paper that has nothing to do with teaching simply, which is why we thought we were there.

- He told us to stop contacting and only serve people. Find ways to serve and find people that way. Get referrals from people. Go to hospitals and tell them we are ordained ministers.

- Go to homeless shelters and work with people and DO NOT work with the homeless people themselves, we don't have time to work with them right now, instead work with the good people who work at these places.

- Only teach Males of leadership age and families. President gave us a perfect lesson about Gods plan for families. It was amazing and only about 10 minutes. Invite people to dinner.....do whatever the Lord prompts us to do but don't contact and harvest. Find new investigators by other means.

1. Find families that can be the leaders (He said in a few days there will be families found)
2. Find a place where we can have a "learning center". Where we can meet with people we find.
3.Then when there is enough members to form a branch we need to find a church building.

I'm sure happy the President said not to teach the bums. I've had a couple powerful experiences with them so far in my mission, but they are smelly. Also, they don't have very good manners.

One time my senior comp and I decided to take a bum home with us to clean him up. As we were disrobing him, I could not believe the foul stench coming from his nether regions. I almost had to put my arm to the square and rebuke the devilish smells in the name of Joseph Smith.

Anywhoo, we started talking to Michael (that's the bum's name) about the gospel, and when I got to the first vision, there was this spirit in the room. I asked Michael if he felt it, and he said yes. Then I committed him to being baptized by an official representative of Jesus H. Christ. He said that he wanted to be baptized.

So, my senior comp decided to baptize him in our bathtub. The only problem was that our bathtub wasn't very big, and Michael was there half-naked in the tub coming up and down for air. My comp just kept dunking him under, but as he would push his head down, Michael's feet would pop up.

Eventually, after holding his head under water for a good couple minutes, Michael (the bum) finally stopped fighting and was baptized.

The spirit was so strong. So, so, sooooooo strong.

I love my mission!!! I love the church!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that your Mission President isn't worrying about the numbers like so many. It shows a level of maturity not found in many missions.

    My only question is how is your Mission President able to measure the success of this new venture?

    With out contacts there is no discussions, without discussions there is no baptisms, and with out baptisms every month. There is no way to know if we'll get our spiritual bonuses up in heaven if we vary the formula?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My only question is how is your Mission President able to measure the success of this new venture?"

    He never mentioned it.

    I'm not exactly sure how they're going to measure success. I guess by baptisms.

    My mission president is so inspired. He's coming out with a 'spritual' camera solution where the office elders are going to put hidden cameras in our apartments to make sure we're doing exactly what he wants.

    It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete