Life in the field

I'm going to try and write some posts about when I was in the MTC. It wasn't too long ago, just a couple months, but now that I'm out in the field, I'm already starting to forget.

I was walking down the street with my companion today. I saw a bum sucking some water out of a puddle on the ground. He was half naked, sweating profusely, and he stunk worse then elvis' dirty under pants, but I had to help him.

So I got down on my knees next to him and started scooping up the water from my hand to his mouth, just like Jesus did with the lady of the lake.

The bum looked at me with misty eyes (at least I think they were misty, they could have been clogged from some type of fungus) and he said thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I came home happy that night, filled with the spirit of the Lord. If only my brothers and sisters would do the same thing, they too would feel this spirit. I love my mission!!

No comments:

Post a Comment