What the Luke and Leia kiss teaches about eternal marriage

This is from a talk I gave last week in sacrament meeting: 

One of the most profound memories of my youth was watching Luke and Leia kiss on the big screen. It was magical, and I didn't realize it then, but there are some incredible gospel truths in that kiss.

For you see, Luke and Leia skywalker learned that they were actually brother and sister, which is a type and shadow for us of higher, more noble truthiness.

We are all brothers and sisters, children of our Heavenly Parents. This is an undeniable gospel truth. And it brings me great comfort to know that even though my earthly father beat me something unmercifull as a child for "being an idiot" I know my real Father in Heaven would never treat me like you did, Dad!

Anyway, when we men merry their spouse, they're actually marring thier sister. And we all know what happens when you get married, you're no longer VL, or virgin lips, to the Gentiles. Like Luke and Leia showed us, it is perfectly fine and acceptable to kiss our sisters.

Brothers marrying sisters is a holy order because we are all sons and daughters of god. This is why when you go to church on Sunday you call them brother Johnson, or sister gandy, so on and so forths. We are all related. Kin is kin. 

I'm so glad to have a father in heaven who loves me and has provided so many wonderful righteous sisters for me to marry when I get home from my mission. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment