Glad Tidings and Good Cheer!

I'm filling so full of something right now. To the brim. Full of the spirit and of gratitude to my Father who arts in Heaven, because you see a little miracle happened this past week in my life. 

My mom wrote me an email telling me that my earthly father, George Gandy, had come back to church last Sunday. 

My Dad had been inactive for over five long years. He left because he was insulted by a miamaid who criticized his potato casserole during a ward potluck. The miamaid, whom I will not name, said, and I quote, "you call that a casserole?!" With such disdain and condescension that it made my Dad so enraged he walked right out the church doors and never came back. 

Until last Sunday. 

My heart and innards are so full of thankfulness and happiness for my Dad coming back. Now he won't dwell in perpetual dirty mud in the outhouses of heaven, a place we call outside darkness. 

Welcome back to the sheep, Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment