I'm alive...barely

I just wanted the blogger universe to know that I'm alive, and that I'm still a missionary!!!! Thank you, Jesus!!! Jesus is my older brother and probably the best friend I have, or ever had.

You see, I was in a car accident, a terrible car accident while driving with my companion, Elder Rogers. We were traveling down a very fast road when right in the middle of our trip, I felt the spirit soooooo strongly that I needed to pray, right then, on my knees in humble prayer. And Elder Rogers needed to as well. Elder Rogers felt the spirit as strong as I did and we both knew that was the thing to do right then.

Unfortunately, as we both went to our knees, the car was still traveling at 70 mph. As I got to my knees in the car, I knew Stan was tempting my faith by seeing whether or not I would comply with the promptings of Spirit. As I was getting on my knees, I unbuckled my seat belt, which Elder Rogers did as well, and then I let go of the steering wheel and bowed my head as I went to my knees.

As I was doing so, my right shoulder bumped the steering wheel sending us flying off an embankment in the middle of the road at 70 mph. As we were descending towards chaos, I lifted my voice unto Heaven and yelled at the top of my lungs, "Jesus, take the wheel!!!"

He did. Sorta.

The car flipped and rolled 3 times. I was knocked unconscious. Elder Rogers broke both of his legs and lost some hearing in his right ear, but he was ok and finished his mission, but I wasn't so lucky.

I was in a coma.

I was in a coma for 3 years, subsisting on water and nutrition from an IV. It took me 3 years to wake up, but when I did, I told my parents to forget enrolling me at BYU. I begged my parents to send me back out into the mission field, and after I told them of my dreams while I was in a coma, they relented. I contacted my new mission president and he said to come back. So here I am, Alive! Praise be to Joseph Smith!!

Pray for me,

Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment